Honey: Nature’s Perfect Food
Both of our honey suppliers, Bastin’s Honey Bee Farm and Wildflower Ridge Honey have clarified some of the questions we have had regarding the labeling of RAW HONEY vs. PURE HONEY. After a few questions and answers, we have learned the following: The only difference is the labeling at the current time.
Both honeys are made using the same process. The honey is NOT filtered, heated, or blended; those processes would remove the minerals, pollens, enzymes, and antioxidants that we are looking for. The honey IS strained to remove excess particles that come with the hive (comb, wax, propolis, bees, etc).
Both distributors produce honey direct from nature by way of the beekeeper. The honey basically goes from the hive to the jar and is considered a clover/wildflower/summer blossom honey.
- Honey is the only insect-created food with medicinal, therapeutic, nutritional, and cosmetic value
- Honey is often times a safer and more effective remedy for coughs than over-the-counter medicines
- Honey contains flavanoids, antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease
- Eating a spoonful of honey before bed can promote relaxation and help ease you into sleep
- Regularly eating honey for two months before and throughout allergy season can lessen your allergies
Choose local honey! Visit www.bastinhoneybeefarm.com